Midas - KR Motor Spares was founded in 1993 as a family business and has since grown to one of Kwa-Zulu Natal’s largest suppliers of high quality vehicle parts and accessories in the province. The concept of a truly customer-centric spares retailer was conceived by the founder who, after 16+ years in the automotive industry, was not satisfied with the poor level of service that had become synonymous in the vehicle aftermarket parts industry.
- Despite the exemplary growth of the organization, it is still owner-run with hands-on focus from purchase to ‘over-the-counter’ sales.
- KR Motors is a 100% black established and owned company, and is a true example of a successful BEE business
Our Service Ethic
At KR Motors we strive to differentiate ourselves through exemplary service delivery, driven by our genuine belief that that our customers are our reason for existing. We believe in creating long term relationships. We refrain from taking a once-off, transactional view of our customer interactions, and therefore continually focus on the delivery of the best service, product and pricing to our largest and smallest customers alike. Some of our key focus areas are easy and straightforward parts cataloguing, clear and value-adding advice and rapid delivery and returns processes.
- KR Motors has managed to strike the fine balance between good old fashioned entrepreneurial operations and formal business practice.
- This has been acknowledged by our customers and other business partners who are our best ambassadors when it comes to the ease of doing business.
- We believe in continuous improvement, and take the lead from our customers who we always welcome to comment and on how we can improve their service experience
We have long recognized the need for accurate, efficient and reliable systems. We therefore chose the ELCB Autopart ERP system to ensure that we remain on the cutting edge of IT capability to service our business requirements. The Autopart system is one of the leading systems in the country that offers real-time processing with the requisite functionality, accessibility, security and disaster recovery; as evidenced by the number of leading national parts retailers that have subscribed for and used the system over many years.